Genre: MG adventure, fantasy
Such a small parcel
shouldn’t cause experienced
smugglers much trouble,
but this parcel is far from normal.
Chased across the seas, Finn and Aria must solve the
mysteries within the parcel.
What does it mean? Who should they trust?
What will happen?
The fate of an ancient people depends on them
and time is running out …
Adventure, suspense, plot twists, and great writing: what more could you possibly ask for?
Finn and Aria set off on an adventure with their dad on the sea to retrieve a parcel. But history, adventure, enemies, and a whole lot of intrigue stand in their way…
With suspenseful writing that’s both light enough for young(ish) children and yet draws you in, plot twists aplenty, and a depth that’s unusual for the target audience (and I mean this in the best possible way), this is a book to be treasured. Bring on book 2!
About the Author:
Lexi Rees spends as much time as possible sailing and horse riding, both of which she does spectacularly badly. Attempts at writing whilst horse riding have been disastrous, so Eternal Seas was written on a boat; the storm described in the book was frighteningly real.
Win one of two £10 Amazon gift vouchers (UK only). To enter
- Share a photo of you with the book (paperback or ebook) on Twitter or Instagram
- Tag @lexi_rees (Twitter) or lexi.rees (Instagram) and #EternalSeas
- Closing date 30th November 2018
- UK only
- Winners will be drawn randomly
Illustration competition – would your children like to see their illustrations published in a book?
- Six lucky winners will have their illustrations printed in the sequel to Eternal Seas
- Winners and runners up will also have their drawings featured on lexirees.co.ukand on social media
Drawings must be in black and white, and can be in any of the following categories
- Aria flying up in the sky
- a cat
- mountain ponies
- a snow eagle
- a demon-goddess
- a sailing boat
- Finn and/ or Aria
Please see detailed terms for entry requirements
- Open to children aged 13 or under
- You can enter as many categories as you like
- Winners will be chosen by Lexi Rees
- Children’s name and age will be published together with their illustration. Parents/ guardians must confirm they are happy with this when they enter. Other information (e.g email address) will not be shared.
- No purchase necessary
- Closing date 31/1/19
- Entries must be scanned or photographed in high resolution and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. The winners may need to post originals if the images are not high enough quality for printing. Postage costs will be covered in this case.
- Full entry details can be found on lexirees.co.uk